Freelance Communications Consultant
July 2008 – PRESENT
- Helped large and small organizations with strategic communications and communications and marketing projects.
- Managed project budgets between $500 and $250,000
- Hired and managed crews of up to 30 people in complex and time-sensitive projects
- Worked for many C-level and Vice President level executives at Microsoft and other firms on communications
- Spoke at the 2010 TedX conference
- Worked on large projects locally and nationally, often remote
Communications Project Manager / Multimedia Producer
University of Washington Office of Admissions | Dec 2012 – Feb 2017
- Managed all multimedia content for a website that has 1.2 million unique visitors and 6.8 million page views a year, and publications with circulation in the tens of thousands.
- Tripled the sign-up rate for the email list
- Increased applications more than 16% for three of the four years I was there
- Created and maintained the largest multimedia asset repository on with over 3,000 photos, and over 200 video clips.
- Won the Case District VIII Silver award for our publication “This is Us.”
- Managed small (few hour turnaround) and large (often months long) projects from inception to completion
- Developed vague ideas into easily consumable stories with targeted messages, strong narratives, and visual appeal
- Collaborated on communication and team strategy
Founder / Operations Manager / Creative Producer
The Last Quest | January 2009 – November 2012
- Worked with a wide variety of clients on communications strategy and video production
- Produced feature film “Barzan” which screened nationally and was picked up for distribution
- Won awards for the 40 episode web series “MOHAI Minute”
- Finalist in the International Documentary Film Challenge 2012 and “Best Use of Genre, First Person” 2011
- Brought innovated video products to market
- Built technical and communications process to streamline the sales and operations environments.
MBA | Leadership and Strategy
Capstone Excellence Award
Western Governors University | 2018
BA | Film and Video Production
Minor in New Media
The Evergreen State College | 2007
AA | Anthropology and Music
Los Angeles City College | 2004
Strategist. Prioritize setting and doggedly pursuing meaningful goals.
Leader. Team focused, thrive on helping people achieve their potential.
Creative. Writing, video production, graphic design, audio, public speaking and performance.
Friend. People first.